donderdag 22 december 2016

winter canvas

A winter canvas today with lots of natural products which I found at a winter fair.

With this piece I want to wish my family and friends a Merry Christmas 
and all the best for the New Year!!
Wishing you a healthy, creative, good, peaceful and happy 2017!! 

Created the background with a snowflake stencil from Hobbyshop Sandra.
Glued down the art stones, also from Sandra, and added the paints.
The frame is a mini canvas. Removed the fabric and painted the frame with brown paint.
Once dry, I added a layer with gesso. 
Letting this dry again, on some places extra long with the heat tool to get that bubble effect.
Sanded some places to get that old weathered look.

I love to go to winter fairs! I always find something which I can use for my projects! :)
This time I found the mini pinecones, the bigger ones and those twisted twigs.

A piece from Maja design papers.

The snowflake stencil from Sandra.

Love these finds! :)

Found some paper flowers with lace which were in my stash forever.

These art stones are just great to create some texture!

Here you can see the effect of the paint with gesso.
The bubbles from the heat tool creates great textures.


After the paints I gave the background and the art stones a touch with some gesso.

Also touched by some gesso, just like snow. :)



Keep warm my friends and enjoy your day!
Ingrid xxx

5 opmerkingen:

  1. Every time I call here Ingrid I am so amazed at the work you do, always stunning and always a pleasure to see...
    Wishing you a very merry christmas....enjoy..x

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Wauw, schitterend gewoon! Wat een prachtig winters tafereeltje bij elkaar!
    Vrolijk kerstfeest!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen